Skip to main content

Art Deco architecture @ Napier

When visiting Napier earlier in Feb this yr, there is the famous Art Deco buildings that we should visit, or at least walk 1 round around their street to see the Art Deco buildings that are within walking distance in the city as plotted in the map above. (Add route to google map). We took the free method with the help of google, the paid method is you can buy a guide map for $15 or take a guided tour.

First stop is the fire station

Followed by the Public trust office

The Daily Telegraph building
Masonic hotel where you get different looks from different side of the building
The library 
Australian Mutual Provident Society 
The Waiapu church
Along the way you could see some interesting buildings and wall paintings too.
Finally if you do have a car, you can drive a while to the tobacco building as well
During Covid 19 period, if you are interested, you can use google street view to take a look at those places instead. As the chinese phrase says, 望梅止渴 ma. 🤣 since we cannot travel, can look at it to drench the thirst instead.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Join me @ What the Flea!

Dear Friends,   A few of my friends and I will be setting up at stall at What the Flea market on the following dates: Saturday, 11 December 2010 Saturday, 18 December 2010 2pm – 9pm 113 Somerset Road, *SCAPE  (street + art market)    If you can afford the time, do come and support us , in our booth! Our Booth Number is 81!

Real Implications of 2G Service Termination for Singapore

I know the article about 2G service termination across singapore from 1st Apr 2017 was written in 2015. But how many of us actually understand the true impact of this termination then? Before things get terminated, we may have felt that since our phone is the latest model or it is at least new, the impact is minimal. But how true is that really? Please, with Dual SIM feature, it's definitely not a Sunset! It is just the beginning of our agony.. :/ With reference to the article:  http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/telcos-to-end-2g-services/1916108.html . I mainly only realised the impact since 21 Nov but according to M1, they had terminated the 2G services on their prepaid M Card since 15 Nov. So what does this really mean to us consumers? It means that with the Dual SIM phones out there in the market, you are in for a ride! Because, with Samsung's flagship model S7 or even the exploding model Note 7 that's later than S7, the standby or non data SIM opti...

Kind Soul @ Borders

I'm blessed to have met a kind soul in borders that gave me his seat when he was about to leave the area, just 'cos he saw me sitting on the floor. Haha.  Didn't catch much sleep today as I slept quite late last night, while trying to rush out my stuff, and there's an early morning meeting today. But at least, I've got to rest a bit, sitting down and thinking through my future plans. Now having some food at McDonald's and updating my blog.  Looking forward to tonight's networking event in which for the 1st time, I'm part of the committee in organizing an event, almost from scratch. Doing the logo design, tee shirt design and ticket design. Then being the MC of today but I still haven't really practice much. After going through once yesterday, reading from script, I really need to pray for everything to go as smoothly as yesterday. For once, I'm able to speak in a confident and fearless manner yesterday but with more people today, I can't be...