Skip to main content

Stonehenge, Windsor and Bath Day Trip from London

After visiting London, Stonehenge is one of the must go places where if we had already flown there and not visit the place, it feels like we've not been there yet.

So we decided to take up a one day tour in London as our colleague told us that it's easier go to the Stonehenge by bus through a tour as compared to going there by our own. To make the most out of the day trip, we booked the Windsor, Bath and Stonehenge Day Trip from Viator (because Viator had special offers and low price guarantee, I heard it's cheaper than booking directly from Evan Evans Tours).


In fact I find it very value for money thanks to our friendly tour guide, who told us a number of interesting stories about England.

Along the way, we passed by a several interesting sights:

The colorful boots at the window, it's really pretty
Buildings with Blocked Windows
Our guide told us that the windows of some old buildings are blocked to avoid the window tax imposed on England previously (Wikipedia says that this tax actually started since 1696). He says that last time they actually taxes rich people using the window tax because the bigger the house, the more windows there will be and it's meant to tax the citizens based on their prosperity level.

Interesting Road Sign that we don't see it in SG
This feels like a dark humor item we saw after alighting the bus along the way to the Bath
There's a man there the seems to be able to get quite a number of the pigeons onto the tourist's body for photoshooting. Interesting but it's probably going to be quite an expensive photo.  
This is an area where there's arc shaped terrace houses adjacent to each other forming almost a circle along the circular centre where the trees are planted on the road.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Business Network International

I went for one of my friends' Business Network International gathering today. It's actually quite interesting, although initially, I'm quite lost. But after some time, then ok le. A new experience I should say, with a group of people that likes whatever each other is going so much and having lots of fun! The people there are really very friendly, so I shall add those that I've talked to into my hotlist then. Just that I'm not too sure if they really remember me :P But after sometime, I'll need to replace my friend for about 2 weeks so it should be ok I guess. The only downside is that. 7.30am is really a tough timing to wake up and go for the meeting. I'm glad I'm there. I'm so blessed!

Understand Yourself through Fingerprints

Came across this company called wonderful minds, which my 2 friends shared with me about. It's actually a business opportunity where you can share with your friends, especially those that have kids. So that the kids after understanding themselves, can just learn through the most effective way so as maximize their learning ability from young. I've found out that all our 10 fingerprints added together form our learning map, if we do the full scan, it comes with a 22 page report telling us about our personality, learning style / pattern, are we left or right brain. I heard that the more of the same pattern we have, the more we are towards that characteristic. Somehow, my thumb has such a unique pattern that it was under none of the 4 main free info that I've got. So too bad for me. Actually, I'm quite curious to find out more.. Here's the 4 main types of patterns for the fingerprint loops. The Arch: Possesses abundant, unlimited potential, high capacity to be moul

Taipei Trip Day 1

The morning flight is really very early, starting at 7.10am. Which means I need to wake up at around 3.45 - 4am! Amazingly, I'm the one that slept more but that's the photo of hardworking one vs the sleepy one :P So, who's the piggy here?