Skip to main content

Reserved Seating - To Sit or NOT to Sit?

If you'd rather stand so that others can have a seat...
If you are more than willing to give up your seat to those in need...
If your policy is to let others have the priority of sitting down...
I actually hope that you can just take a seat on the train, on the bus, etc...

Our social issue isn't just about not sitting down, it's not just about not sitting at the reserve seat! At least, that's what I truly felt. If we can take a seat on the train, at least when the people who truly needs it are on board, we can give them our seat. But when we didn't even have one, and no one else is willing to give up theirs, we aren't really helping them by not sitting down.

Perhaps it's just my absurd thinking and inner voice saying this out loud but isn't it better for considerate people to help those in need reserve their seat instead? I've seen occasions of 50 yr old uncles / aunties giving up their seat to those above 70 or even 80s, yet at the same time, just opposite them is another fit looking young man / lady, sitting down at the reserve seat and staring into space? Or is it that actually, they just didn't want to give up their seat?

Reserve Them A Seat!
Of course, I've also seen cases of nice young people giving up their seats to those who needs it more. I remember that day when I'm having my dinner, the show that Mark Lee was starring in Taiwan's MRT... People there are actually willing to stand up for their right. I do admit that I'm one of those that didn't go up to the stranger and ask if they are pregnant (if it's a guy) or sick? If not, please let the old folks sit down please.

At times, I'm wondering.. If more people are willing to play their little part to start giving up their seat when needed, perhaps one fine day, there would be a butterfly effect that everyone then will do the same, through peer pressure / influence.

Or at least, if you really intend to just fall asleep, to do anything but to give up your seat to those that need it, make it a point at least, not to take the reserved seats. Don't become one of the negative influence.. Just take the normal seats instead. 

Typical Sleeping at Reserved Seat Example..
Be a better role model at least for our next generation so that they won't follow suit and do the same. Your actions helps!!

Thanks a lot!

P.S. I know that it's wrong to anyhow take photo of those people but since, I've already taken it yesterday. I've might as well just use it. I'm still wondering... How can I tell if someone is pretending not to see or are they just tired?

Comments

chnrxn said…
"But when we didn't even have one, and no one else is willing to give up theirs, we aren't really helping them by not sitting down."

Agree with this statement.

However, I believe that most people will give up their reserved seats when they are being asked to.

There are also those young people who indeed might be feeling unwell, or having back problems, but others can't tell just by looking. This small group is quite disadvantaged as well.

Popular posts from this blog

Business Network International

I went for one of my friends' Business Network International gathering today. It's actually quite interesting, although initially, I'm quite lost. But after some time, then ok le. A new experience I should say, with a group of people that likes whatever each other is going so much and having lots of fun! The people there are really very friendly, so I shall add those that I've talked to into my hotlist then. Just that I'm not too sure if they really remember me :P But after sometime, I'll need to replace my friend for about 2 weeks so it should be ok I guess. The only downside is that. 7.30am is really a tough timing to wake up and go for the meeting. I'm glad I'm there. I'm so blessed!

Understand Yourself through Fingerprints

Came across this company called wonderful minds, which my 2 friends shared with me about. It's actually a business opportunity where you can share with your friends, especially those that have kids. So that the kids after understanding themselves, can just learn through the most effective way so as maximize their learning ability from young. I've found out that all our 10 fingerprints added together form our learning map, if we do the full scan, it comes with a 22 page report telling us about our personality, learning style / pattern, are we left or right brain. I heard that the more of the same pattern we have, the more we are towards that characteristic. Somehow, my thumb has such a unique pattern that it was under none of the 4 main free info that I've got. So too bad for me. Actually, I'm quite curious to find out more.. Here's the 4 main types of patterns for the fingerprint loops. The Arch: Possesses abundant, unlimited potential, high capacity to be moul

Taipei Trip Day 1

The morning flight is really very early, starting at 7.10am. Which means I need to wake up at around 3.45 - 4am! Amazingly, I'm the one that slept more but that's the photo of hardworking one vs the sleepy one :P So, who's the piggy here?