Skip to main content

Panasonic Lumix Workshop & Cosmo Parade

I'm blessed to get a chance to attend the "I Love Lumix Photography Workshop by Bob Lee" organized by OMY, last saturday. I would say that because the workshop is pretty much conceptual and Bob shares more about the idea behind what makes a photo good, rather than just technical camera usage skills. This is good as it's a lot more practical for a point and shot camera user like me.

That's me and the new Panasonic Lumix GF5 camera which I was loan for the day.

The biggest take away from the workshop is that I understand that it's extra effort we put into our photo can make it stand out among others. Well, I didn't get selected as one of the 5 participants that gets to keep the camera for 1 month to continue taking photos of the various events at the SHINE Youth Festival 2012.


Well, here's the unedited photos taken by a SLR camera noob -- Me, of course. That's the first time ever in my life that I got to play with such camera and I have to admit that although I understand that there're features like shuttle speed, focus length, etc but I've no idea where are there and how to set them...

 Setting off for the Cosmo Parade for practice of our skills

 Here's the first Cosplay person I saw on my way there

 I love the look of the cute little girl, happily playing with the drums





I like the Cai Shen's look 









 This is the miniature effect

 The toy camera effect

 Here's the guy who was on top of the same pillar as me


 I'm so far behind that this is the only thing I saw...


 The star filter effect

Our videography team

 Oops

Lion Dance standby area


 This little girl is just so cute












Spiderman that saved the day... Because this dragon is just so long that... The cars can't cross this side of the road, until Spiderman stands in the middle of the road to let them through


 Beauty and the Beast?

 He reminds me of dragon ball or was it?



Well, I would say that my skills is just not there after all. Especially after reading one of the selected participants' blog post. Well, after you see her photos, you will understand better. It's really very nice looking. From her photos, I understand that it's not just a difference in skills, it's the feelings that her photos emit that makes the entire big difference!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Business Network International

I went for one of my friends' Business Network International gathering today. It's actually quite interesting, although initially, I'm quite lost. But after some time, then ok le. A new experience I should say, with a group of people that likes whatever each other is going so much and having lots of fun! The people there are really very friendly, so I shall add those that I've talked to into my hotlist then. Just that I'm not too sure if they really remember me :P But after sometime, I'll need to replace my friend for about 2 weeks so it should be ok I guess. The only downside is that. 7.30am is really a tough timing to wake up and go for the meeting. I'm glad I'm there. I'm so blessed!

Understand Yourself through Fingerprints

Came across this company called wonderful minds, which my 2 friends shared with me about. It's actually a business opportunity where you can share with your friends, especially those that have kids. So that the kids after understanding themselves, can just learn through the most effective way so as maximize their learning ability from young. I've found out that all our 10 fingerprints added together form our learning map, if we do the full scan, it comes with a 22 page report telling us about our personality, learning style / pattern, are we left or right brain. I heard that the more of the same pattern we have, the more we are towards that characteristic. Somehow, my thumb has such a unique pattern that it was under none of the 4 main free info that I've got. So too bad for me. Actually, I'm quite curious to find out more.. Here's the 4 main types of patterns for the fingerprint loops. The Arch: Possesses abundant, unlimited potential, high capacity to be moul

Taipei Trip Day 1

The morning flight is really very early, starting at 7.10am. Which means I need to wake up at around 3.45 - 4am! Amazingly, I'm the one that slept more but that's the photo of hardworking one vs the sleepy one :P So, who's the piggy here?