Skip to main content

Marina Bay Sands - Garden By the Bay

The new garden by the bay is a pretty dark place to visit at night. Perhaps because its highlight is the after dark music and light display on the trees. But the scenery is certainly beautiful. I wonder how it looks like in the day though. After all, I visited last sunday night and reaches around 8+pm... Just before it closed.




Up the bridge to the sky gardens



One of the nicest view is the ferry wheel with the various lighting of the trees, lighting up in the same shades synchronously.

The giant tree garden looks pretty alluring under the moonlight.

As of now, there's the OCBC Light and Sound show between: 07:45 PM - 08:00 PM.

Go closer and you'll get to hear the nice musical songs at night. I was there after 8pm but before 9pm and I do hear the nice musical songs :P



I think the paid garden looks pretty and might be worth our visit. We'd drop by another day as it's already pretty late by the time we are there. The ticketing booth had closed, so does the shops.

At the MBS, with some luck, you might get to listen to some nice music performance as well :)


Address18 Marina Gardens Drive, Singapore 018953


Tips: It's faster to take the SMRT circle line over and change train at Promenade station. Also, bring along your personal water bottle as water are hard to find. The nearest one I found with the help of one of their staff is just before the toilet. But the water flow of the water cooler is just so weak.

There are 2 Conservatories and the OCBC Skyway (the sky bridge), if you do plan on dropping by, do take a look at their admission timing and price list.

Just park at their carparks, if you do drive:

  • Visitor Centre Basement Car Park (Main Gate)
  • Meadow Open-air Car Park (Meadow Gate)
  • Visitor Centre Coach Park (Main Gate, right side of drop-off point)

Parking Rates: ~ $1.20 / hr after 6pm and $1.50 / hr before 6pm (rates at per min basis). As charges doubled  after the first 5 hrs so beware of that, but I'm pretty sure, you won't stay that long haha..

Here's all my photos of the place:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Business Network International

I went for one of my friends' Business Network International gathering today. It's actually quite interesting, although initially, I'm quite lost. But after some time, then ok le. A new experience I should say, with a group of people that likes whatever each other is going so much and having lots of fun! The people there are really very friendly, so I shall add those that I've talked to into my hotlist then. Just that I'm not too sure if they really remember me :P But after sometime, I'll need to replace my friend for about 2 weeks so it should be ok I guess. The only downside is that. 7.30am is really a tough timing to wake up and go for the meeting. I'm glad I'm there. I'm so blessed!

Understand Yourself through Fingerprints

Came across this company called wonderful minds, which my 2 friends shared with me about. It's actually a business opportunity where you can share with your friends, especially those that have kids. So that the kids after understanding themselves, can just learn through the most effective way so as maximize their learning ability from young. I've found out that all our 10 fingerprints added together form our learning map, if we do the full scan, it comes with a 22 page report telling us about our personality, learning style / pattern, are we left or right brain. I heard that the more of the same pattern we have, the more we are towards that characteristic. Somehow, my thumb has such a unique pattern that it was under none of the 4 main free info that I've got. So too bad for me. Actually, I'm quite curious to find out more.. Here's the 4 main types of patterns for the fingerprint loops. The Arch: Possesses abundant, unlimited potential, high capacity to be moul

Taipei Trip Day 1

The morning flight is really very early, starting at 7.10am. Which means I need to wake up at around 3.45 - 4am! Amazingly, I'm the one that slept more but that's the photo of hardworking one vs the sleepy one :P So, who's the piggy here?