Skip to main content

Orchard Central - Roof Garden

Apart from the tall shopping centre, which is almost all that I could remember about Orchard Central, its roof garden is certainly a memorable one as well :) Went there to take a look the previous weekend and it's truly nice looking. The only down side is that, there's no seats or whatever, just pathways that we can walk. Visitors caught sitting down along the pavement will get chased out of the way by the strict security. But still, you should drop by to take a look at the nice garden at least once. :)
The Stairs, The Clouds & The Sky
Orchard Central – Roof Garden


I've noticed that in the middle of the building, we noticed some flea market like stall owners that seems to be swapping flies. With such little crowd, I wonder how the tenants survive. Perhaps not so much about the restaurants due to the nature of the business but rather those shopping stores had such little crowd / visitors.

Basically, the shopping mall had just so many floors that not many people actually goes all the way up or to walk around the entire building. My guess as to why the building had so little crowd despite me visiting on a weekend is that probably the building is too tall, the crowd was dispersed by the number of floors it has. If only the building had a better theme or perhaps a better niche market, perhaps that place can do well. Just some suggestions...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Join me @ What the Flea!

Dear Friends,   A few of my friends and I will be setting up at stall at What the Flea market on the following dates: Saturday, 11 December 2010 Saturday, 18 December 2010 2pm – 9pm 113 Somerset Road, *SCAPE  (street + art market)    If you can afford the time, do come and support us , in our booth! Our Booth Number is 81!

Real Implications of 2G Service Termination for Singapore

I know the article about 2G service termination across singapore from 1st Apr 2017 was written in 2015. But how many of us actually understand the true impact of this termination then? Before things get terminated, we may have felt that since our phone is the latest model or it is at least new, the impact is minimal. But how true is that really? Please, with Dual SIM feature, it's definitely not a Sunset! It is just the beginning of our agony.. :/ With reference to the article:  http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/telcos-to-end-2g-services/1916108.html . I mainly only realised the impact since 21 Nov but according to M1, they had terminated the 2G services on their prepaid M Card since 15 Nov. So what does this really mean to us consumers? It means that with the Dual SIM phones out there in the market, you are in for a ride! Because, with Samsung's flagship model S7 or even the exploding model Note 7 that's later than S7, the standby or non data SIM opti...

Kind Soul @ Borders

I'm blessed to have met a kind soul in borders that gave me his seat when he was about to leave the area, just 'cos he saw me sitting on the floor. Haha.  Didn't catch much sleep today as I slept quite late last night, while trying to rush out my stuff, and there's an early morning meeting today. But at least, I've got to rest a bit, sitting down and thinking through my future plans. Now having some food at McDonald's and updating my blog.  Looking forward to tonight's networking event in which for the 1st time, I'm part of the committee in organizing an event, almost from scratch. Doing the logo design, tee shirt design and ticket design. Then being the MC of today but I still haven't really practice much. After going through once yesterday, reading from script, I really need to pray for everything to go as smoothly as yesterday. For once, I'm able to speak in a confident and fearless manner yesterday but with more people today, I can't be...