Skip to main content

Popular Fair - Book, Stationary and Home Office Equipment


After meeting a friend at Marina Square on Wednesday, I dropped by the Popular Book Fair (Suntec City, Hall 601 - 603) to take a look since it is opened from 10am to 10pm until 27th Nov 2011. While looking through the various books available, I chanced upon this rather interesting chinese book that has various photos in it. It costed about $17.90 and it is full colored with close to 300 pages. In fact, there are quite a number of books of the same topic in both English and Chinese. The only difference is that the chinese ones are apparently a lot more interesting looking than the english ones.

The title, cover and contents are structured in a rather different manner even if the topic is similar. Somehow or rather, I felt that the Taiwanese seems to be better at arranging their book layout such that it looks much more appealing than the english books, especially for those tour guide related books. Imagine, the Taiwanese tour books had photos and text of interesting places on the cover but the English Lonely planet books or any other english books merely had the country name and 1 photo on the cover. Even the contents are structured in a much more organised and user friendlier reading manner, which is something that caught my attention.

As for why I bought the book above, it's simply because that's the only photography guide book around that shares on the concept rather than techniques of using SLRs to achieve various effects. As you all know, I still prefer my Sony Cybershot that's light and handy to carry around everywhere I go. :P As many claims that SLRs takes photos of better quality and better looking photos in the overall effects, I was still wondering if it was the skill that matters or was it really the camera?


Then, it's a numerology book to read and expand my knowledge further as there are various schools of thoughts around numerology and the interesting thing is that all the different schools and thoughts are still somehow quite true. Especially after my friend read my date of birth using a different way of reading. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Join me @ What the Flea!

Dear Friends,   A few of my friends and I will be setting up at stall at What the Flea market on the following dates: Saturday, 11 December 2010 Saturday, 18 December 2010 2pm – 9pm 113 Somerset Road, *SCAPE  (street + art market)    If you can afford the time, do come and support us , in our booth! Our Booth Number is 81!

Real Implications of 2G Service Termination for Singapore

I know the article about 2G service termination across singapore from 1st Apr 2017 was written in 2015. But how many of us actually understand the true impact of this termination then? Before things get terminated, we may have felt that since our phone is the latest model or it is at least new, the impact is minimal. But how true is that really? Please, with Dual SIM feature, it's definitely not a Sunset! It is just the beginning of our agony.. :/ With reference to the article:  http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/telcos-to-end-2g-services/1916108.html . I mainly only realised the impact since 21 Nov but according to M1, they had terminated the 2G services on their prepaid M Card since 15 Nov. So what does this really mean to us consumers? It means that with the Dual SIM phones out there in the market, you are in for a ride! Because, with Samsung's flagship model S7 or even the exploding model Note 7 that's later than S7, the standby or non data SIM opti...

Kind Soul @ Borders

I'm blessed to have met a kind soul in borders that gave me his seat when he was about to leave the area, just 'cos he saw me sitting on the floor. Haha.  Didn't catch much sleep today as I slept quite late last night, while trying to rush out my stuff, and there's an early morning meeting today. But at least, I've got to rest a bit, sitting down and thinking through my future plans. Now having some food at McDonald's and updating my blog.  Looking forward to tonight's networking event in which for the 1st time, I'm part of the committee in organizing an event, almost from scratch. Doing the logo design, tee shirt design and ticket design. Then being the MC of today but I still haven't really practice much. After going through once yesterday, reading from script, I really need to pray for everything to go as smoothly as yesterday. For once, I'm able to speak in a confident and fearless manner yesterday but with more people today, I can't be...